Ford 300 six for sale Littleton, CO

GrimGreaser
GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
Tangentially related to Hudson...

I'm looking to sell a '89 Ford 300 six block.  Block has been stored outside, but sheltered.  Unfortunately, lost the pans and covers in-between moves.  Head has been trimmed .050, assembled with dual valve springs.  Cross-hatch still evident in bores, fwiw.

Issues:
*Been outside, under cover, for 5 years.
*Reason it was pulled is that it ate the cam (Crane) after the head reinstall- as such there are no lifters, pushrods, or cam.
*manifolds, oil pan, valve cover, timing cover are missing, sorry.
*It will take some muscle to bring it up out of where it' stored.

$200 OBO

Figured I would put it for you guys first before I cast a wider net. It ran pretty good in the Bronco it came out of, I think it would be good in a Hornet decked out with Clifford equipment.

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member
    This engine is actually designed by Bernie Siegfried , a Hudson engine guy. The way I heard it was that in the waning days of Hudson in Detroit, Bernie had presented this engine as a possible replacement for the 232-262-308 blocks.   Presentation was made to management who then told Bernie that due to the immenent merger with Nash that they wouldn't need it. After the merger Bernie leaves Hudson .     Ford snaps up Bernie and shortly after that he presents them with the plans for this new design 6 cyl engine. Ford tells Bernie they will build it.  It now becomes the Ford 300 one of the most popular 6 cyl engines Ford ever had. 
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Finally got pictures, questions welcome and encouraged! Make an offer!