Upholstery for 1949 Hudson

I am purchasing a new head lining for my 1949 Hudson super coupe. I thought I would also get new material for the front and rear seats at the same time.  The rear seat does not have the arm rest.  Anyone brought seating material lately I was just wondering how many yards is needed for the job. Thanks Trevor NZ

Comments

• Trevor, I bought 8 yards from SMS four years ago when they had the reproduction of the Pacemaker material. Just got the car back from the upholsters a couple of weeks ago. There was enough left over to do the door inserts with the material rather than blue vinyl so it has been "deluxed" to a degree.
  • Looks just like my '50 Commodore upholstery, blue/gray ribcord!  Nice job.
  • edited April 17
    That fabric looks awfully familiar.  :) 

Long story short, SMS did not have the correct fabric for a 1950 Pacemaker when I originally contacted them, but they knew what it was and were willing to make it for me.  It took almost two years which may or may not be typical but I think the results were worth it.  

Luckily, they made enough that Alistair was able to get some for his car too.

To answer your question, I got 10 yards because I wanted some extra just in case.  It was more than enough to do the seats and the door panels.

• Hi there.

Thanks for all the help.

Trevor

• Alistair, you must have reversed the negative on the picture......the steering wheel is on the wrong side..........
  • The stee3rng wheel is on the right side!
  • Indeed it is Geoff ?
  • If reversed the numbers would be reversed and they are not, lol?