Upholstery for 1949 Hudson

Trevor J
Trevor J Expert Adviser

I am purchasing a new head lining for my 1949 Hudson super coupe. I thought I would also get new material for the front and rear seats at the same time.  The rear seat does not have the arm rest.  Anyone brought seating material lately I was just wondering how many yards is needed for the job. Thanks Trevor NZ

Comments

• ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    Trevor, I bought 8 yards from SMS four years ago when they had the reproduction of the Pacemaker material. Just got the car back from the upholsters a couple of weeks ago. There was enough left over to do the door inserts with the material rather than blue vinyl so it has been "deluxed" to a degree.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Looks just like my '50 Commodore upholstery, blue/gray ribcord!  Nice job.
  • cpr3333
    cpr3333 Expert Adviser
    edited April 2018
    That fabric looks awfully familiar.  :) 

Long story short, SMS did not have the correct fabric for a 1950 Pacemaker when I originally contacted them, but they knew what it was and were willing to make it for me.  It took almost two years which may or may not be typical but I think the results were worth it.  

Luckily, they made enough that Alistair was able to get some for his car too.

To answer your question, I got 10 yards because I wanted some extra just in case.  It was more than enough to do the seats and the door panels.

• Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Hi there.

Thanks for all the help.

Trevor

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    The stee3rng wheel is on the right side!
  • ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    Indeed it is Geoff ?
  • If reversed the numbers would be reversed and they are not, lol?