Upholstery for 1949 Hudson

Trevor JTrevor J Expert Adviser
in HUDSON Posts: 315

I am purchasing a new head lining for my 1949 Hudson super coupe. I thought I would also get new material for the front and rear seats at the same time.  The rear seat does not have the arm rest.  Anyone brought seating material lately I was just wondering how many yards is needed for the job. Thanks Trevor NZ

Comments

• ernie28ernie28 Expert Adviser
    Trevor, I bought 8 yards from SMS four years ago when they had the reproduction of the Pacemaker material. Just got the car back from the upholsters a couple of weeks ago. There was enough left over to do the door inserts with the material rather than blue vinyl so it has been "deluxed" to a degree.

Alistair Howard,

http://het.org.nz/

1928 Essex Coach 1950 Hudson Pacemaker

• 50C8DAN50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Looks just like my '50 Commodore upholstery, blue/gray ribcord!  Nice job.
  • cpr3333cpr3333 Expert Adviser
    edited April 17 Posts: 212
    That fabric looks awfully familiar.  :) 

Long story short, SMS did not have the correct fabric for a 1950 Pacemaker when I originally contacted them, but they knew what it was and were willing to make it for me.  It took almost two years which may or may not be typical but I think the results were worth it.  

Luckily, they made enough that Alistair was able to get some for his car too.

To answer your question, I got 10 yards because I wanted some extra just in case.  It was more than enough to do the seats and the door panels.

Chris Reinman

Grant, Florida

1950 Pacemaker Deluxe Brougham (My father's first car!)

• Trevor JTrevor J Expert Adviser

Hi there.

Thanks for all the help.

Trevor

• syddthekiddsyddthekidd Expert Adviser
    Alistair, you must have reversed the negative on the picture......the steering wheel is on the wrong side..........
  • Geoff C., N.Z.Geoff C., N.Z. Senior Contributor
    The stee3rng wheel is on the right side!
    If you're stuck in a hole, stop digging.
  • ernie28ernie28 Expert Adviser
    Indeed it is Geoff 👍

Alistair Howard,

http://het.org.nz/

1928 Essex Coach 1950 Hudson Pacemaker

• RichardDRichardD Member
    If reversed the numbers would be reversed and they are not, lol?