1947 Radiator recore or replacement?

I need a new radiator.
Recoring is very pricey.

Does anyone know of a good replacement?

Do to low numbers they may not make one for the Hudson 47.

Anyone know of an aluminum radiator that will bolt in with little fan fare?

thank guys

Carl

Comments

• I have a NOS 47 6cylinder radiator $350, can deliver to Carlisle PA.
  • Im looking for the largest one available.
    I have a 308 in the 47 & I may eventually add A/C.

Are there different sizes for the original 6 & 8 motors?
  • Check with Wildrick , I got one from him. Brand new aluminum, Fits for the 308 conversion.  http://www.wrphet.com/
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor

Radiator recores are very expensive because of the plastic & aluminum have reduced the manufacturers leaving only a few that monopolize prices. The original is Honeycomb and not repairable once starts to leak...

Ive installed an aluminum Late Model Race car radiator and a tall older Ford pickup radiator in my truck but unsure of the year.( '79- '80's)Suggest walk Salvage Yard to find one to fit with the same Inlet & outlets. There is plenty of room and place to fabricate new side brackets.

Go with at least 3 Core if plan A/C..

• Ol racer
    edited April 2018

FYI

A HET member not on this Forum sent me a note mentioning he had his'46 radiator made at  www.rondavisradiators.com in Az. They have the pattern for an aluminum 8 Cyl  Radiator...

• Ol racer
    edited April 2018

FYI

A HET MemBer not on this Forum sent me a note mentioning he had his radiator made at  www.rondavisradiators.com  . This Radiator Shop Ron Davis in Az has the pattern for an aluminum '46 8 Cyl Radiator...