tires for my Hudson

I need to buy tires for my 51 hornet, in the past I bought Corker tires for one of my cars and they could never get a good balance on them. What brand have you had good luck with wide white tires.

Mike

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    If you're looking for radials, I'd check out Diamondback.  Though, honestly, I had never heard about the balancing problem with Coker.  I hadn't encountered any such problems with my Coker radials (though I have a pre-StepDown tire size).
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    I've had both brands  and have good luck with both. Many times the balancing issue is due to a wheel issue.
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited April 2018
    Find a place with a Hunter Road Force Balancer; can locate by zip code on their website. Be sure to check for out-of-round that might require shifting tire on rim.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    I have over 5000 miles on the wide white wall Diamondbacks on my '53 Super Wasp and have had no issues.
  • Quadster
    Quadster Expert Adviser
    Diamondbacks are Best
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor

Been buying tires from Coker for more than 20 years and never have had any kind of problem.  Even back when every note of our sites said stay away from them, I still bought them.  The only balance problem I have had were with older (1930's era) rims and tires but my Big O folks worked it out.  My current set are the steel-belted that look like bias ply tires.  I love them, but I only have a few thousand miles on them.  So... Go with where your heart is and enjoy them.

• Got WWW's on my Buick with little weight.
    Recently put BFG Silvertown 235/70 r15 on rims for the Hudson. Two had no weights at all. 1 only a little on the back and the last a bit front and back. Custom rims so im thinking its more rim related for me.
    I went for the BFG due due to being WWW, 28" same as the tires my Hudson had and being 70 profile.