Used parts

I recently purchased a 54 Hornet and while I had the carbs off I purchased a pair of stainless carb heat shields from PAUL SCHUSTER that he listed on ebay as new, #263005802743.  When they arrived, I discovered that they were used and cosmetically damaged by someone who drilled extra holes in them. I sent PAUL a picture of them and he claimed they were not what he sent me, but finally agreed to refund my payment if I returned them, which I did and he did.  Then I discovered he had many parts for sale through the club and I called him interested in purchasing other parts. He refused to do business with me or talk to me and hung up. It seems he believes that I cheated him, rather than admit that some used parts got into his stock. Not very Hudsonly!

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited March 2018
    While I don't know the details of your transaction, I've known Paul for many decades, and consider him a fine and honorable man.  I'm sorry there was a disagreement between the two of you, but in the end you did at least get your money back.  If you're new in the Club I hope you'll get the opportunity to meet Paul, and perhaps you can get to know one another under more advantageous circumstances.  
  • I recently rejoined the club after many years without a Hudson. I drove Hudsons regularly from the late 60's to early 80's. My first car was a 51 Pacemaker with Supermatic Drive and my last, until recently was a 48 Commodore 8, with a Wasp and a few Hornets in between. I've driven Hudsons all over New England, up to Cape Breton, down to Georgia, across the country and up and down the west coast. I never met a disagreeable Hudson owner and if I meet Paul I hope that things will go better. I expect that Paul made an honest mistake, but he seems convinced otherwise. Thanks for your take, Roger
  • hosea13
    hosea13 Member
    k.now where I can get a good used 10" cok disc for a stepdown? call me at 205-310-3830. jerome lewis mid south chapter