12 Volt Overdrive Solenoid???

airbrushguy
airbrushguy Member
edited March 2018 in HUDSON
Recently found someone with a Delco solenoid # 1119772, he says it's 12volt. The shaft sticks out 1". Does anyone know if this would work in my converted 12v  '49 Super 262?
Not home or I'd take mine out and check.
Thanks

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Complements of KEN CATES' Hudson Stepdown Restoration website.

• charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Dose or can the solenoids be rebuild just wondering and if so by whom
  • Thank you Ken, the one he has is stamped 1119772, is that relative to anything?
    Can't quite make out your plunger measurement but it looks like it might say 15/16ths, which could be the (1") measurement he has told me. Could this work, or is there more to it that plunger length?
    Thanks for your quick response.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Do not have that GM #.  The measurement is “1”” from Base plate to tip of the shaft. 15/16” is from plunger raised flange face to end of the plunger shaft.
  • So am I to assume that although they are the correct measurement, they will not interchange unless #s match?
    Thank you
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    If the solenoid has the appropriate measurements and works when power is applied, it should be appropriate for use in a R-10 Overdrive.  Look at the picture posted... click on it for the large size, and if the shape matches along with the measurements... my guess it will work in a 12 volt system.
  • Thank you Ken.
  • I'm taking this guy at his word that this is a 12volt unit. Is there anywhere I can go to check if the stamped number is for a 12volt unit? #1119772??
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    I'm taking this guy at his word that this is a 12volt unit. Is there anywhere I can go to check if the stamped number is for a 12volt unit? #1119772??

Google 1119772 solenoid , lot's of info says it's 12 volt