Searching for 37 Terraplane U-coupe window parts

Hello Terraplaners,  For my 45-year long project, a 37 Terraplane Utility coupe which does not have the vent window in the doors:
Left (drivers side) door window glass scissor mechanism
Right (passenger side), door window glass setting channel
Right (passenger side) rear window finish moulding.  This is the same for any 37 car model.

Thanks a bunch!

John

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor

John,

I have a couple '37's... I used modern Glass setting Urethane(?) Caulk that bonds so hard cant remove it available at Large Auto Body Paint & Supply Stores, some large Auto Parts Stores, and Glass Shops. Think its Adhesive to re install windshields.

I also have a '37 Yard Car that I sold the Left Sissors...If cant find a rear window mlding, Ill look if I still have it. The guy that took the LS Sissors may have took it but don't think he used it so may still have if not in car.... (TBD).

• hey ol racer, thanks for the response! I'm still interested in any help on any of the items, and if the rear window moulding is still around, I'm definitely interested in that.  No hurry.  Let me know at your convenience.  Thanks for the urethane caulk tip too.  Mating glass to metal has just been incredibly frustrating for me.
  • Ol racer
    edited March 2018

I will ck tomorrow on the rear window garnish. hopefully you have the pinch U Channel to set your RS glass with Urethane.

There is a remote chance the guy that took the LS Siccors still has the old one that you might be able to fix.

• Thanks for checking.   Half of the RS U channel rusted and fell off, so I epoxy'd a length of aluminum glass channel to what was left.  This is a serviceable but not great solution.
  • Ol racer
    edited March 2018
    I'm sorry that I cant help on the rear molding but the guy is looking for his old door sissors. I will let you know if he finds it....I have '46 sisssors from my truck but I know the Terraplane went up then forward. Perhaps you could have a glass cut wider then go straight up.                I did & installed Power windows that just has a center T Bar that pushes the glass straight up but I changed to 12V.
  • Thanks for looking, anyway, I sure appreciate it!
  • Ol racer

FYI

Rear Window Garish Moldings are now on Ebay