Does anyone know what these are

scottyrodgersscottyrodgers Posts: 25Member
Tearing out the interior I have only two but they rattle when you shake and look like some sort of a jumping bean if anyone knows what they are or what they're worth please let me know
20180301_210312.jpg
3984 x 2988 - 3M
20180301_210312.jpg
3984 x 2988 - 3M

Comments

• ken1962ken1962 Posts: 218Member
    They are called “happy pills” and either contain a bead or a paper happy message - look at pininterest for a pix - old kids toy used in the days when kids knew “personal responsibility” and unlike kids these days wrapped in cotton wool and death/fear dumb. 
  • JasonNCJasonNC Posts: 866Expert Adviser
    Seems like they used to call them Mexican jumping beans.  I can barely remember playing with them as a kid....

• julianarayjulianaray Posts: 5Member
    Its known as Mexican jumping beans & it also known as frijoles saltarines in Spanish. These inhabited by the larva of a small moth Cydia deshaisiana and are native to Mexico. The "bean" is usually tan to brown in color. They are from the shrub Sebastiania pavoniana & often also referred to as "jumping bean".
  • railknightrailknight Posts: 285Expert Adviser
    Someone's presently selling those on eBay under vintage and antique toys as "Mexican Jumping Beans."  There are three of the them in a plastic case and they're selling for $8.49 which includes free shipping.