212 engine block

Looking for a 1937 212 splasher engine block

Comments

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    thought you bought one last month
  • I have one in a 38 Hudson. The head is off so not sure how good it is, but it is available. May have another one, will have to look later.
  • Yep another one died on me. I have a bunch of fairly new parts from the first one that I lost soon after I had it rebuilt. Thinking I might just be able to use them if I can find a  block in good enough condition. For the life of me can't figure out what happened to cause that hole. Engine ran fine for a bit then noticed water in oil. Pulled head and found worn spot on side of cylinder where something scraped through. Such is life
  • I have a SBC 350 engine which I might just drop in and forget about the old engine Have been bitten twice already.
  • I only have the one 38 block it would need to be bored.  I have 5-6 40’s blocks but the distributor is in the wrong place not sure if they would work.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    The later engine will work, just a bit tight for getting at the distributor.  
  • getley
    getley Member
    edited February 2018
    Really looking for a 37 block to put in the parts of a rebuilt 212 that never even got on the road when the block cracked out when torquing head. I have all new pistons, rings, crank has been retooled plus a new valves, new bearing poured. Anyway you get my point. I would just need it bored out a tenth.

• Getley - I have a 175 engine I would sell to you, under certain conditions. Are you in the HET club? Look me up in the roster and call or email me and we can talk about it.
  • Getley - Are you still out there? Did you see this offer?
  • Sorry got tied up. I think I am going to pass at this time but thanks anyway. Running short on cash.