1949 Coupe, Brandon, FL, $4500

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited February 2018 in Vehicles
Ad found in H.A.M.B. (originally placed May, 2017 but renewed this January):

1949 Hudson. $4500 (firm).  Drive train removed [looks like it was a brand-x V8].  Set up for small block and 700r4.
Solid rust free body., 1997 s-10 rear end with 3.42 posi and disc brakes, front disc brake conversion, new wiring harness, converted to 12v, 4 new tires, clean title, good roller.

Dents on the body from a 2x4, front floors have been patched in the past. Good but not great, interior is there but needs redone, wiring is done except on the insides, no gauges, no plumbing to the brakes.
Extra parts come with it. Stock gauges, extra stock transmission. Grill is removed but there. What ever else Hudson I have laying around.

Link to H.A.M.B. ad: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1949-hudson.1060658/

Comments

• Love that color combo. I didn't see any way to get hold of him if I wanted to. Does one have to be registered on that site to see contact information?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Yes, I believe so.  I think registration is fairly easy, and is free.  I do not belong though I do "browse" there sometimes.
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    edited February 2018
    I bought the 308 twin H motor and t86od transmission out of that car several years ago. The owner was going to put a sbc in it.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    A car that appears to be the sam vehicle was advertised in the last issue of the South Texas Chapter newsletter. image
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Kerry, that's interesting!  Sometime in the past, the then-owner decided to upgrade with a 308.  A subsequent owner upgraded with a Chevrolet engine.  The present owner apparently bought the car only for its Chevy engine!  It's a case of Musical Engines.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Jon I would not state that the owner upgraded from a 308 to a Chevy engine.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Dan, Kerry said he purchased the 308 engine out of this car several years ago.  The man currently selling this car on the H.A.M.B. says the car has no engine, "I only took it apart to use the drivetrain in another car."  And he published this photo to show the actual engine-ectomy:  https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv312%2Fraidmagic%2F20160127_192412_zps0h09jsbc.jpg&hash=667fc36bec8c736eedcc2a94f07fe023

So, I kind of put two and two together...hope I didn't get five!

The only fly in the ointment is the photo ad from the last South Texas newsletter (which Ken placed, above).  It implies that the car has a Chevy V8 engine at present.  The H.A.M.B. ad was last updated in January.  So, either the car does or does not have a Chevy engine currently.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Jon sorry it was more in jest than serious.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    OH!  You meant that the transplant was not an improvement, LOL!