Headlight Junction Block

Hi Folks: Does anyone know what this headlight junction block/relay is used for?  I took it off my 53 Hudson Hornet LH fender apron.  Was this a factory item; I can't find it referenced in my parts manual?  Thanks.image

Comments

• That’s a headlight relay to give full voltage to the headlights. Especially if your headlight switch and wiring are old originals.  It is a recommended add on by most Hudson guys.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Yes, an early headlight relay. Hudson Motors in I think the early 70s issued a circular advising to install headlight relays, there should be a copy amongst Alex Burr's material. 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Bob the following diagram is instructions for the installation of that relay.

• Thanks guys.  I figured it was an after market add on but didn't realize there was a Hudson bulletin out on them.  Apparently, they are still available for sale occasionally on the web.
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser

Yep, NOS both 12v and 6v.  I purchased my last 3 off eBay.  To the average person they look stock but they really help save the old switches.  Especially if you with halogen headlamps.

Jay