Barrett Jackson

Does anyone know the final auction results from the baby blue 51 Commodore convert.  this past Saturday?  I think it was lot 1270

Comments

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    30k  plus 3k fee  33 k
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Seems like a bargain
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    i was told by a friend who saw it in person that it was not very nice.

• rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor

IDK.. I looked at the pics - Doesn't have the nice commodore upholstery seats etc. looks like a fun driver not a show car - 33k was a steal "potentially" = didn't see any pics of the underneath ;)

• Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor

Recorded Barrett Jackson on TV, looked for it and could not find it.

• parkerm
    parkerm Expert Adviser
    If this is the car that was at Hershey this past October; I agree it was not very nice. It certainly may not be the same car; I can't tell from the picture. The one at Hershey looked nice from a distance.
  • Man it's beautiful in the picture.  If you guys are right, it just goes to show ya why I don't buy a car from a picture on the 'net!
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

This one? 

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1951-HUDSON-COMMODORE-CONVERTIBLE-216132

I think it was sold early in the day on Saturday, before the televised program started. 

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    Here is the 'Hudson' docket at BJ...  Looks like they sold the same car twice, once on Thursday, and again on Sunday -
    https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Docket/Scottsdale-2018/Collector-Cars/93f04d0d-614b-4e1c-b4ca-c87d88b709c4/01-13-2018/01-21-2018
  • I'm pretty sure this was not the same car offered at Hershey this year.  This one is a Commodore and the one at Hershey was a Hornet.  But, if you look on EBAY now, I think that is the one that was at Hershey.  If anyone is interested in it, better have EYES on the car first! Caveat emptor.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Lance, you're not looking to take your convertible out to Barrett Jackson are you?

• Jason, well....I had thought about it...VERY briefly..when 'she who must be obayed'  told me in no uncertain terms that it was not going anywhere. I can't say I was upset with that but I have to tell you I was pleasantly surprised by her feeling about it.  Who knew???    LOL :) Besides I have too much of me invested in that multi year project.
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    allan said:
    I'm pretty sure this was not the same car offered at Hershey this year.  This one is a Commodore and the one at Hershey was a Hornet.  But, if you look on EBAY now, I think that is the one that was at Hershey.  If anyone is interested in it, better have EYES on the car first! Caveat emptor.

A lot of truth there.  Having seen the car at Hershey and seeing the pictures on ebay, at first it didn't seem like the same car (the cracked parking light lens was a defining marker).  The flaws in the paint and chrome are no where to be seen in the ebay listing.  And that the car didn't sell at Hershey for $22k and now it's at $34k with a reserve still not met.  Wow.  Somebody is going to be disappointed if they haven't put eyes on that car.  On the plus side, the underside was clean and it's evident that a lot of cleaning/painting has been done in the engine bay.  Maybe they've done more?