33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Looks good.
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Little further...
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    edited February 2018
    If you left click on the photos they will orient correctly.
  • Nice.
    What trans are you running?
    Is that a cast lifter cover?
  • GrimGreaser
    Thanks Bill.

Running a Hydramatic. I designed my lifter covers in cad and had my friend cut them out on our companies CNC several years ago.  I hit them with the sandblaster to make look cast then snuck them in with a run of hard annodizing we had done.

I have some casting sand mixed up and a ton of aluminum rivet stems saved up - someday I'll play around with casting.
  • I like it.
    Makes me want to get back on my new 308 build!
    All the parts are setting here done, just waiting for assembly.
    What did you end up doing for the rod bolts?
    I bought the 351C set and then my machine shop guy said it wasn't really worth it. Said the stock bolts were fine.
    So he didn't do them.

I also got a 8" SBC dampner and just had the ID opened up to fit the Hudson crank.
    A wanted pulley options and maybe a crank trigger for DIS later.

Haven't got to the radiator yet.
  • GrimGreaser
    Had Randy at 21st Century do the rods, original rod bolts.  But did find new sheetmetal lock nuts from Aircraft Spruce.

Yup, 8" SBC dampener.  That stupid water pump pulley cost a lot though...  Actually for a Ford Performance 351W "short" water pump they don't support anymore.  And I had to change the pump hub.
  • GrimGreaser
    Wired back up, waiting for my lazy butt to finish up and install the gas tank.  It'll move under its own power shortly. Then the fenders...
  • Hey GrimGreaser... is it possible to 3D print in metal, that is able to be chromed?  If so, do you think it would be feasible to 3D print some of the Twin H Power emblems?  There is always demand for them, and many of the cast reproductions are kind of subpar...
  • Yes, you can print in 3D in metal that can be chromed. Of course you must have a 3D model in CAD to be able to do that.

• GrimGreaser
    edited March 2018
    I tried quoting getting a Twin-H emblem 3D scanned a few years ago. WAY outta my price range. $600 base price I think. I haven't looked into metal printing too much, prohibitivey expensive a few years ago. May be better now. The plastic 3D prints can be plated - At least I've seen plated 3D prints. I cannot speak to cost though. 
  • I have an excellent condition OEM Twin H emblem that I would love to get scanned, but don't really know how to go about doing so.  $600 definitely seems steep.  However, if the price has gone down a lot since then, and the cost and be amortized over the sale of many units, it might be doable.  I just think it would be great to print out exact duplicates of these emblems whenever we need them. 
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Grim can you yank your engine we have had about enough winter weather and I think you are responsible!!!  Another Noreaster today and tomorrow.