49 Super Six Two door sedan

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
edited January 2018 in Vehicles
Driver quality amature Resurrection.  built Wide block 262,12 volts, Twin H by Daytona carb., Rebuilt Dual range Hydramatic, 3.07 Dana differential, Air Conditioned, Front Discs, rear drum power brakes, alternator, Sunvisor, Heavy duty swaybar, dual exhaust, Pertronix Ignition, New glass, Drives great. 
Damn near everything has been replaced or rebuilt. Central East coast of Florida (Melbourne). Fly down drive home. 
Firm price of $12,000. Try building one for that !!
 Dave Waddell text to 321 720 3694. Hard of hearing!  hetdwad1939@att.net, drop the het.

Comments

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    any interior or engine pics ?
  • SuperDave
    Can't find them will take some new ones.
  • SuperDave
    Will listen to offers on the 49 Convertible
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Dave, 

i think that 49 super, is a great price. 

if I had the cash I'd be on a plane!

no way you could build that car for 12k, I hope it goes quick and to a good home.
  • SuperDave
    I've gotten a little criticism for so any modifications. I am a purist by nature.  So I will explain.. I did not destroy a solid original car. When I got the car,it was incomplete. Easier to say what was there,than what was missing! It was an EMPTY hulk that had been raped of anything that would unbolt. It had been owned by at least three"wannabe" street rodders. Each one only knew how to dismantle, sell or throw away. It did have front suspension and a differential. Wrong wheels but would roll on and off a trailer. I used many step down parts I had, A couple parts cars that were beyond restoration. Including a wrecked 50 Pacemaker two door (Thanks Chris) and a 51 Hornet four door (thanks Tom). Many parts (many NOS) acquired from 18 different states. The goal was to get it back on the road looking like a Hudson and powered by Hudson. Something I could use as a second car and something I could drive on the Interstate. It met my expectations. Maybe someone else can get some enjoyment out of it.

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Dave, not my favorite color on a stepdown, and the headlights look like they have cataracts  but no way could you build a nice one for that money. Wish I wasn't so behind right now.  Someone should jump on this. And with Dave doing the build, you know it is done right!
  • SuperDave
    Thanks for the compliment, but there are several paint flaws etc. It's a driver! Gets a lot of "thumbs up". Notice iI call it a resurrection NOT a restoration.
  • rambos_ride
    edited January 2018
    Grin - Dave you're too hard on yourself!

The cost of the car, and the parts alone are worth it..paint flaws can be fixed...try rounding up all those parts and that car for anything < 10k (without labor) and I'd be surprised!
  • SuperDave
    Never did add all the $  spent. I paid $1000.00 initially.  I just did it for the love of the Brand and personal satisfaction.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Unbeliveable, I just spoke to the gentleman who bought the car this morning.  I am not sure if he is more excited that I am or not. 
  • SuperDave
    Yes it is sold and I'll shed a tear or two ..but life goes on.
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Congratulations Dave!
  • rambos_ride
    Unbeliveable, I just spoke to the gentleman who bought the car this morning.  I am not sure if he is more excited that I am or not. 
    Excellent News!

Did you get them turned onto the forum?

SuperDave said:
    Never did add all the $  spent. I paid $1000.00 initially.  I just did it for the love of the Brand and personal satisfaction.
    Yep! Few rarely make money building/restoring cars - so you have to do it for the love of the cars and knowing you put them back, or kept them on the road for another 20-50 years hopefully!

• SuperDave
    I can't put a dollar sign on the fun I have had.
  • Browniepetersen
    The new owner lives near me and once he gives me the word I will release his name.  He is a long time HET Member that currently has some great Hudson's.....
  • SuperDave
    Well It's been loaded and on it's way West.. i miss her already
  • Browniepetersen
    Glen told me that it is expected to arrive on Wednesday or Thursday.  a good day for a bunch of Hudson friends to join up for lunch and tire kicking...  We are as excited t6o see her, as you are sad to see her go.....
  • rambos_ride
    SuperDave - sounds like she's going to a good home where they won't chop it up and put a small block chevy in it!

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    super dave    glen just sold the custom chopped stepdown  that he had built a few months ago. it was in the wtn and on ebay for sale

• SuperDave
    Now to sell the Convertible.That hurts even more........My first 49 Commodore convertible is for sale in Canada. A dealer. Not many folks can say they owned TWO! 49 Commodore converts.  It's been a wonderful RIDE !
  • Browniepetersen
    Glen Johnson is a long time Hudson collector and currently has three Hudson's, (including the 1946 Golden Hudson convertible) not counting those that his son has.  The custom was built thirty years ago in California. There was a group of four chopped top Hudson's in southern California back then.  If you go to the Hudson Modified Facebook page you can see the history of the set.  Glen did a lot of work on the 53 he had before he decided to sell it.  It is a great car that went to a new HET member back east.  Should be at the next few International meets. There are a lot of folks that are HET members because of Glen.
  • SuperDave
    Maybe today?
  • SuperDave
    So.. Did that beat up piece of junk get delivered?
  • Browniepetersen

The carrier said it would be there yesterday.  I drove by just before dark and it was not there yet.  Perhaps today.....

• Browniepetersen

Saw it in the underbelly of a transporter about one hour ago while driving back from the Air Port.  It is most likely at its new home by now.  Will not be able to check it out until in the morning but it looks good and dirty on the transporter.  The color is much better than I expected.  I expect Glen will be very happy.

• SuperDave
    It was a GM cad and Buick Butternut. Close to coronation cream, She wasn't dirty when she left Florida !  LOL 
  • Browniepetersen
    edited January 2018
    Dave, I posted, on Facebook, and HET Facebook, a photo of the car as it arrived in Utah, thought you would get a kick of how dirty it is.  Doubt that it has ever been this dirty.  It is 21 degrees here so I expect it will get a trip to the car wash.  I understand why you call it "driver quality".  With that said, it is a great looking car and Glen could not be more excited.  Good reason for a group of Hudson nuts to join up and have a great, but cold, gab fest......  By the way, this car has some great "extra" items like the fog lights and such.