A Blast from the PAST - HELLO!

rambos_riderambos_ride Senior Contributor
in Street Rods Posts: 3,156
Hello Everyone!

Looks like there's still a few folks on here from long ago!

I still have my Hudson projects, but  they're just sitting for the last few years - so absolutely nothing new to report on those :( 

I'm hoping things change up this year as I'm getting ready to launch a new website project and will have my nights and weekends back after almost 2 years of working my programming day job..then programming 2-6 hrs a night plus 15-20 hrs every weekend...it's been a long haul, but hopefully will set me up for some success later this year.

Just thought I'd say Hello and don't be surprised if I start lurking out here again and get caught up on everyone's projects.

Dan

Comments

• Oldfarmer1947gmailcomOldfarmer1947gmailcom Expert Adviser
    Missed you Dan,  Your drive to acvomplish things well,  along with a practical side have been missed by me.  Hope your daily activities have set you on the road to personal success and happiness. Look forward to you sharing new adventures in Hudsoning soon!  Ken in Waco TX
  • onerare39onerare39 Expert Adviser, Moderator
    Welcome back Dan, you were missed!

John Forkner
  • VicTor ZVicTor Z Senior Contributor
    YES! Welcome Back! How's Rambo? I remember the pictures of your garage and your Hudson.
  • rambos_riderambos_ride Senior Contributor
    VicTor Z said:
    YES! Welcome Back! How's Rambo? I remember the pictures of your garage and your Hudson.
    Hi Victor!

Sadly Rambo passed along in March 2014. 

He was an awesome companion for 14 years and not a single day goes by I don't miss him.

I got another lab, Maddy on Craigslist just a year before Rambo passed. She's an awesome fun dog..but no Rambo, he was pretty special.

• SuperDaveSuperDave Senior Contributor
    Glad to see you back. Get busy on the Hudson!

Live in the past.... it's cheaper.

49 Commodore Eight Convertible

Melbourne, Florida

• Ducor KidDucor Kid Expert Adviser
    Dan,
    It's good to see you back!
    Hey I've retired over 4 1/2 years and still not done.
    Your presence on here has been missed.
    Larry
    Looking for a salty piece of land! Central California
  • Jon BJon B Administrator
    Welcome back, Dan!
  • KustomKreepsKustomKreeps Member
    whats your ride?
    Anyone car restore a car. Takes a real man to cut it up.

49 Hudson
    52 Buick

49 Hudson Build thread
    Thanks Everyone - Good to see some old faces and new ones!
    whats your ride?
    Hello KustomKreeps!

I've got a 49 Hudson Commodore Custom project, 454/TH400 that's got 99% of the fab work done, total bare bones sheet metal now, just missing the $$ for parts to put it back together.

I took a lot of time designing fabrication to keep the original Hudson front sub-frame and suspension.

Someday this is what I hope the Rambos Ride project becomes...

I also have a 51 Hornet Rat Rod Project that's midstream on a modern fuel tank replacement, and brake upgrade.

• KustomKreepsKustomKreeps Member
    right on. Nice combo. 
    I hear ya about the cash thing. can be bleeping expensive.
    Im also doing an engine swap in a four door 49. going 401 Nailhead with a 700R4 trans.
    Anyone car restore a car. Takes a real man to cut it up.

49 Hudson
    52 Buick

49 Hudson Build thread
  • SwampyMeadowsSwampyMeadows Member
    Dan:  as a Lab owner I’m  sure you will enjoy this:  https://m.imgur.com/gallery/BpIDwOX
    Dan:  as a Lab owner I’m  sure you will enjoy this:  https://m.imgur.com/gallery/BpIDwOX
    LOL - I've never seen a hairy seal before!

Rambo loved the snow..he'd run as fast as he could and lick the snow at the same time.

Maddy finally got into playing in the snow at Christmas, I think she was channeling a little of the Rambo dog!
  • dustymaxhudsondustymaxhudson Expert Adviser
    Glad to see you back Dan! 
  • mrsbojiggermrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    WahHoo! Great to have you back posting. I missed you and your adventures with the car and Rambo.
    Peace,
    Chaz
    www.charles-fennen.artistwebsites.com
    GLOBAL WARMING: Think of it as research for warming Mars for human habitation!
  • RL ChiltonRL Chilton Administrator, Moderator
    Howdy , Dan!  Welcome back and glad you still have your Hudsons.  We look forward to your future posts.  You've been missed!
    Russell http://www.52hornetvert.blogspot.com HETrlchilton52@gmail.com (drop the HET)
  • faustmbfaustmb Senior Contributor
    Great to see you back,  I was just getting on here where you are in the thick of things, 2005 ish maybe?  Cool.  
    Thanks again everyone!

You guys are getting me motivated again - hopefully this year I can turn things around. I'd like to get my Hornet rat-rod rolling for the Summer at least.

Peace.