Hudson hydraulic jack Handle

duncan
duncan Expert Adviser
I have a Hudson hydraulic jack that I would like to restore but I seemed to have lost the handle Could some body give me the length and all onfo on how to make a replacement. Pictures would be great.  thanks  Ray from  the great white north Canada

Comments

• Ray, I  Have the stand"U" shaped Hudson  lug wrench if that works for you.
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    Thanks Lance I have a spinner lug wrench but I need the diamentions to make a handle one end is machined down to fit inside the jack handle that pumps the jack and other end that has a slot to work the valve I need the length.  Ray
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    I have a jack, I'll try to get a pic and dimensions tomorrow
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    Thanks Uncle Josh Were would I find the decals for this jack. Have them made I guess
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Paul Schuster Aka Large Paul makes those decals.

• duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    Uncle Josh could you also post a picture of the hydraulic jack to show me if I have the proper hook to put under bumpers. Thanks oldfarmer for your info.   Hudsonly  Ray
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited December 2017

Well, my handle was not with it and it's too cold to look for it.  The hole for the handle is 9/16 diameter (actual .570) by 1 1/4 deep.  The pins on the valve are 5/32 dia and go thru a 9/32 rod.  So a 3/16 slot with a 5/16 hole for the shaft would work good.  If your handle were a foot long, it would work fine.  The label, Paul Schuster aka Paul LARGETYPE email xxxHUDSON1957@AOL.COM (drop the xxx) is 2 x 3,1/2 inches and is positioned 1, 1/2 inches below the handle.  You can just see my old one.

• duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    Thanks Uncle Josh The picture is exactly what I need and has the same hook as mine. We are having cold weather to 1 30celcius with a wind chill of - 40 celcius same as ferenheit
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    what size thickness is the handle before any machining. Thanks
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Thanks Dave!
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    thanks everybody