1949 HUDSON WASP CHROMED BODY PARTS

Comments

• Those parts must be REALLY rare, considering the Wasp didn't come out until 1952...  ;)

• I know most of you know more than I. Just sharing what looks like a deal. Re-chroming those parts had to have been more than what he's asking... let alone the price of the parts. Can you identify what they're from?

• Please excuse my snarkiness, Brad.  I was just trying to be funny.  We all appreciate when someone has leads on good deals for parts! 

I don't know enough about all the car models to know what these came off of, but I do know that Wasps weren't made until 1952.  The pieces do look to be around the era of 1949 (straight grill as opposed to the later curved ones), so they could be to a Commodore, Super Six, or Pacemaker, perhaps?  I know the Commodore was around in '49, not positive about the other 2 models.
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Aren't  the tail lights 52 wasp?
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited December 2017
    52 Super Wasp pieces also 52 Wasp & Pacemaker, 53 Wasp and Super Wasp.  Bumper Center section fits appropriate 52-54 models.  Bumper alone could cost close to  asking price if body work was required.
  • No affront taken Stephan. Honestly, I've barely scratched the surface as to knowledge of these cars, so all of you, correct away.   :D

• railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser

If I lived in that "neck of the woods," I'd certainly be checking out those parts for my '53 Super Wasp.  Yes, the cost of the rechroming of the bumper alone could easily exceed the asking price for everything. 

Dan

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    52 Super Wasp pieces also 52 Wasp & Pacemaker, 53 Wasp and Super Wasp.  Bumper Center section fits appropriate 52-54 models.  Bumper alone could cost close to  asking price if body work was required.
    http://hudsonrestoration1948-54.com/HUDSON PARTS SOURCES FOR STEPDOWNS.html

Knox custom chrome (look at the last vendor on list) replanted that bumper and guards for me. I sent that particular bumper as a test as it was bent and rusty. Came back beautiful. Way less than a 1000.00.