1928 ESSEX KING PINS

Hi, does any one know where I might get a king pin and bush set for a Essex Super Six or have had some machined up or know the sizes so that I may get the pins and bushes made (NZ).
Cheers,
Rob.

Comments

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Rob,
    Ron Lever, 87 Tui Rd, Papatoetoe, Akld 2025 tel 09 278 3888 evenings used to advertise Essex Kingpins etc in Beaded Wheels. Some years ago I facilitated a Canadian & a USA contact to each get a set. They both seemed happy with what they got. The only problem may be the rumor that Ron has since died. It's worth a ring to see if he's still doing them or if anyone else has taken over the business. You could also ask Bruce Ardell in Fordell 06 342 7713. Are yours the larger or smaller diameter pins.
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Rob, Somewhere I have a spare set of each size that I could measure for you if no one will sell you a  set. I don't want to sell them but could measure them. Give me a ring if you want 04 386 2642. Any halfway competent fitter & turner should be able to turn up a set (out of decent steel) & the relevant bushes. The cotter pins is very close to an old-fashioned cycle type which are/were available at my local cycle shop & probably yours.
    Are you a member of the NZ HET Club?
    Dave Y