29 Dover

Looking for any and all info on 29 Dover pickup.  Will need detailed photos and restoration info.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Graeme Shaskey in New Zealand has restored a 29 Dover & is well through his 2nd one. He is happy to help. Email him on HETkayandgraeme@xtra.co.nz  Drop the HET - there to foil the spambots..

Dave Y
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Not too many of those around!  Where are you located?  There's a Dover mail truck, restored, at Hostetler's Museum in Indiana, but it's not a pickup
  • Located in Nebraska
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    See the one in museum and take lots of pictures...ask about restoration documents from the former owners son.
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Some photos to aim at. Somewhere I have the rest of the brochure. I'll post the balance when found.
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Be aware that the Dover at Hostetlers has an Essex Grill and shell.  When Harrahs restored it in the early 70's they could not locate the correct grill and shell, so used what they could find.  Alex has put several pieces of Dover literature on the club web site library.  Take a look at that.
  • Thank you. I believe the correct grill and shell is with the Dover. Will take a look on the library site
  • Thanks for the responses. Will really need photos of the back of the cab and the wood details. Of course that's all rotted. This will be a long project. 
  • Something from my memory tells me there is a restored Dover in Australia, I think it's a open side wagon style restored back in the 70's
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    I have some of the wood and metal"siding" from the box of a Dover pick up.  My Dad replaced most of the original box when he restored his.  His old Dover now resides in the U.K.  with an HET Club member. Could get some pictures if your interested of the pieces I have.   
  • I took a couple of photos of a Dover at the 2005 Pigeon Forge Meet  - along with some others, they can be seen at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ks1xjuw6v6k6u9f/AACtmqcwa_nqW-kEO-_pIbv1a?dl=0