Part value ?

53_hornet
53_hornet Member
edited November 2017 in HUDSON
i know I know it’s worth what ever someone will pay haha .

i found a twin H intake/exhaust manifolds with carbs that look to be in good shape . What do you think they are worth ? I don’t need them but 
if I rescue them to pass on to someone I don’t want to lose money either . 

Thank you 

Comments

• What condition are they in?  Surface rust is no big deal, but these things can crack, corrode, have the studs or bolt holes snap off, etc.  This will require repair, of course, which will add to the bottom line.

You also want to look at the casting numbers to see which car they were for.  They had Twin H setups for the Wasp and Jet too, which were different than a Hornet.  The Wasp setup looks almost identical, but has smaller carb bores due to the smaller displacement engine.

I think a reasonable starting point for just the manifolds would be $200-400 if in good condition.  They will always be in demand for conversions, or replacements.

Last year, I bought a near-complete Twin H setup for $600, which I considered to be a STEAL.  I got the manifolds, air cleaners, and linkage/bellcrank, all which were kinda rough.  The intake manifold had a crack which I had to get welded, and a broken stud which needed to be replaced.  I also got some new gaskets, and some brand new restored carbs (which ended up not being correct for my car, but that's another story!)  

• they have a bit of surface rust , no broken off studs , the casting is the same that is on my engine ,308, and no air cleaners or linkage but does have the heat shields . if I sand blast the manifolds to pretty them up and no cracks are found  do you think 7-800 is out of line ? 
  • i checked for completed sales on ebay and they are all over the place $ wise 
  • I think 7-800 sounds a bit high.  The heat shields are easy to get reproductions.  The carbs would need $100-200 for new ethanol-resistant kits.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    $400-$500 is about the limit in my opinion. I have sold a few on Ebay recently and the is about it.