My new Hudson - 47 Pickup

ALBrad
ALBrad Member
edited November 2017 in HUDSON
Well, It's not the Stepdown I put feelers out for on the Classified page, but I brought home a 47 pickup today. I bought it from a HET Member in Tennessee. It needs a lot of work, but all of it is there but the bed wood/braces.  Let's see now... I need.........

Comments

• Are the doors unique to the pickups, or are they the same as a coupe or 4 dr fronts? 
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Same as 4 door fronts, 1941.  42-47 sedans had the added running board flare/cover.
  • ALBrad
    ALBrad Member
    edited November 2017
    Thank you Ric. I need a 41 sedan driver's door... lol  After I read your post I looked on Google images... it is a rather obvious change isn't it. The outside door skin bottom and bottom aft corner of mine is rusted out. I'd rather start with OS than try and re-skin this one.

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor

Please email me your SN, Name, City State to update the HET roster.  Thanks

xxxcramerlp@roadrunner.com  minus the xxx

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser

Repair of rusted doors is probably cheaper and quicker than finding and paying for a replacement.  Very nice find... as UNCLE JOSH would say ... casts a shadow... put it to work.   Good Luck

• isn't there a guy in mid west having a lot of these parts?  Advertises on ebay...........

• allan said:

isn't there a guy in mid west having a lot of these parts?  Advertises on ebay...........

His stock is mostly 42-47. I am going to send him an email though to see if he has others. Thanks.
  • Congratulations, Looks like it is in very good condition.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Scott Crowder has a big stash of stuff
  • Scott Crowder has a big stash of stuff

Yep. I emailed him. I sent you an email just now too. I found several previous owners in registration docs which I included. Thanks.
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    ALBrad,

I'd like to send you a complimentary copy of the White Triangle News, the official publication of the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club.  Follow the instructions in this link.

https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/165267/consider-joining-the-hudson-essex-terraplane-club#latest

Welcome aboard 

John Forkner
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Scott’s Dad has the parts in a warehouse in OK City Ok
  • Nice - according to the HET Serial number reference, my truck was made in March of 47... in the last week.... possibly on a Wednesday (if the ratios were perfect).