53 convertible on ebay

bull_islander
bull_islander Expert Adviser

Listing says Reno with matches the Nevada license plate on the trailer.  It's a very weak listing with only four pictures and one sentence.   Could be a good purchase if the reserve isn't unrealistic.  The seller could have likely done better for themselves with more pictures, a quick wash, and more information.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Hudson-/292333534448?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    I agree on the minimal description & pictures....Perhaps its sun bleached. If it runs at all and sells in the teens, its a steal....
  • bull_islander
    The seller posted a few more pictures.  The vehicle is listed in the HET roster under vin 219437 (number transposed on ebay).  If still owned by the same individual, they also have a few other Hudson's.   
  • Says "original condition," yet the red engine and air cleaners are obviously from a later year.

45 bids and counting!
  • bull_islander
    edited November 2017
    I can spot 52, 53, and 54 trim pieces.  It needs a 51 piece on there to be the complete stepdown Hornet. 
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    alot of experts looking at pics but more than likely not bidding
  • bull_islander
    I'm not trying to be being critical at all.  Heck, y'all would rip my car to shreds if I had pictures of it if my intention was to sell it!  And no, not bidding.  I've got one and that's all I've been allowed.
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Yes, it is a HET member in Reno. His wife just passed away.