Need 4 to 5 more orders for the new 2x2 manifold project.

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
edited November 2017 in HUDSON
We have 5 orders in for Clifford Performance to make a new 2 x 2 Weber intake.  We still need 4 or 5 more to get the project off the ground.  If you are interested please PM me to get on the list.

thanks

Comments

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Just got back in town. I will call Larry to give him my CC info

Don
  • 50C8DAN
    We have 7 need 2 more!
  • I know where a 2x2 intake is very near me . Pardon my newbieness ... are they really that hard to find ? 
  • 50C8DAN
    You may be thinking of the Edmunds 2x2 that were made in the 50s. That manifold looks great but does not perform particularly well.  What we are trying to do is have Clifford Performance make a totally new improved flow manifold that will use 2 Weber down draft 2bbl carbs.
  • Ooooooh yeah I found a stock Hudson 2x 2 intake off a 53 hornet 
  • 50C8DAN
    edited November 2017
    Sorry I don't think that is a 2x2, it is most likely a cast iron Twin H, 2 x 1bbs.
  • Gotcha , that’s why I apologized for my newbieness before haha
  • What engine is the 2x2 manifold your doing this group buy for ? 
  • 50C8DAN
    It would work for the 232, 262 or 308.  However it is jetted for the 308 and would require the carbs to be jetted properly for the 262 or 232.  If you have questions you can call Larry at Clifford Phone: 951-471-1161.  

• Is it your understanding that the carbs could/would be jetted for the application from Clifford? I can of course call and ask, just wondering if you knew. The 47 pickup I just bought has a 232 installed from some PO in the past. I think the Clifford dual carb setup would be a nice addition. Brad

• 50C8DAN
    It is my understanding that it can be done, but I would defer to Larry at Clifford to make sure.
  • Left message for them - do you know what the cost is 
  • 50C8DAN
    edited November 2017
    $1,529.  Same as the other makes they make the same setup.

http://www.cliffordperformance.net/
  • Merry Christmas everyone, been busy with work but thought I’d see if others might be interested in this. 
  • 50C8DAN
    I talked to Larry this morning and he has a total of 6 commitments and needs 9.  So if you are interested in getting this off the ground contact him at your earliest convenience.  There were a couple of you guys that wanted 2 so make sure Larry has that correct.

Phone: 951-471-1161

E-mail:larry@cliffordperformance.com
  • ski4life65
    If it helps get this moving, I will commit to two instead of one.

Don
  • 50C8DAN
    Don let Larry know.  It would put us at 7 so we would need 2 more to kick it off.  Larry indicated he would probably run 20 to 30 manifolds if the project gets rolling.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Dan, have you posted this on the other forum?  Maybe even put an ad in the WTN to get it out there as much as possible.  
  • 50C8DAN
    I have posted on the HET forum, but have not done anything with WTN yet.
  • Has there been any updates on this??  If my math is correct, you only need 1 more commitment??
  • 50C8DAN
    Yes one more. I will check with Larry tomorrow.
  • Don't tempt me!  Is this for the whole kit, including carbs and headers?  Or just the manifold?
  • 50C8DAN
    It is the carbs and manifold, no headers in the kit.  Here is a similar setup: 

https://www.shop.cliffordperformance.net/Chevy-235-261-Twin-38-Weber-Fuel-Delivery-System-08-7001-C235-261.htm

The kits with headers look to be about $300 more.  I will ask Larry if he would do a similar setup for the H6.
  • 50C8DAN
    Kit will be available with headers if desired.  

• ski4life65
    How many commitments do we have so far?
  • 50C8DAN
    From what I was told by Larry 7 or 8.   It depends if all three that take two are serious.  I am pretty sure there are 7.  I will be submitting something for the WTN today to see if there is more interest.
  • 50C8DAN
    If you want one can you PM me to make sure my list and Larry's are the same?  We may have more than I counted.
  • 50C8DAN
    Here is another update from Larry I was unaware of.  You will need to use headers for this setup as the water jacket will interfere with the stock exhaust manifold.  So if you do not have headers on your Hudson you will need to spend the extra $300 for the set.
  • So there's a water jacket through the headers?  How does that get "piped in?"  Through the heater hose line?
  • 50C8DAN
    No a water jacket on the intake