Plug wires, dizzy wires & flywheel pointer needed

54Hollywood
54Hollywood Senior Contributor
Hi everyone,

Been trying to call Dave Kostansek for a couple of days now regarding some parts I need but the phone just rings and rings.  Anything going on there I don't know about?
So I'm looking for a few items that maybe someone else can help me with.  We've got a '54 Hornet and I'd like to replace the plug wires.  Looking for a set of 8mm wires.  Yes I can get Universal wires anywhere but I'd like to order them from a club member as a finished set. 
Also, I'd like to replace the two little distributor wires that live under the cap.  They're for the Autolite IAT-4009B dizzy.  Anyone supplying those?  After 63 years, they are almost toast.
Finally, somehow the little metal "pointer" that should be attached to the flywheel housing has gone AWOL.  No clue how that might have happened but I also need one of those.
Thanks in advance for any help with these items.  Stay warm.

Tim in WI.              

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI
     Talked with Dave today... He's phasing down so without an answer machine now but still has 'numerous parts available'. He is working on his many Hudson projects so you just need to catch him when in the house.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser

I was in need of one of the flywheel pointers for my '53 Super Wasp.  Took a lot of looking before I found one on a parts Hudson 308 that the owner was willing to part with.  Hope you have an easier time locating one than I had!

• 54Hollywood
    54Hollywood Senior Contributor
    Hey Ol racer, when were you able to get a hold of Dave?  Tried calling him several times yesterday and again just now but no luck.  Is there a better time of day to reach him?  I'm stumped.  Thanks.

Tim