Door bumper rubber for 33

33kc1989
33kc1989 Senior Contributor
I'm in the market for the rubber bumpers that are mounted around door jam on a 33 They are held in with screws. Also looking for dove tail guides for a 33. Any help or guidance I'd appreciate it. 314-922-0041. John.   Still looking for windshield frame also.   

Comments

• terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    I recall someone on here got a new windscreen frame made a few years ago, but who was that? I doubt you'll find a used one that is mint as they are a vulnerable part to rust out.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    These guys make vintage/hot rod windscreens in Australia, there has to be several Red Fox type companies in the US. http://www.redfoxframes.com.au

Re dovetail guides, a block of aluminium, a drill a file and a hacksaw will get you there.
  • 33kc1989
    Bob I've made the strikers but the rubber bumpers have me thinking something different.  Not sure what though.   Dove tails are doable other makes are close so either change holes or modify 
  • N/C Industries in PA makes new windshields for 33 Terraplanes. You can buy the bare frame, or complete unit chromed,glass, and rubber installed ready to bolt in.
  • 33kc1989
    Thank you. 
  • 33kc1989
    I contacted them and they show pattern for 32 Hudson    He said there's a possibility of 2 different ones.  Slightly.  Can anyone speak from prior exsperiance.  
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    The rubber door bumpers are the same through 1947.  Wildrick Rubber has them ,but probably many used ones out there.
  • 33kc1989
    Thanks Ric West IN I'll contact them.   
  • Look at a Steele Rubber Products catalog online for a possible match.
  • 33kc1989
    That's it.  Thanks.   I will order today.