Factory Wheel Colors (again)

dholck
dholck Expert Adviser
I searched this forum and Google looking for answers for what the factory wheel colors would have been for 1934 Terraplane.  There were discussions about 1950s Hudsons and creme/pale yellow or red were mentioned, and discussions about options for body color wheels in the 1950s.  I note I do see a lot of 1930s cars with the yellow or red wheels, and presumably those black-and-white Hudson factory photos where cars look to have light wheels must have been that pale yellow.  I saw also that old-timers said red was the to go.
I did not see the answer to questions about what color formulation this pale yellow was (or the red). Surely somebody knows all about the factory wheel colors for the 1930s?  And yes, if I've painted the car two-tone, with darker fenders and roof, it's already not "factory," but I'd still like to know what is "correct" for the wheels.

Comments

• Hi, have a look on eBay - there are 1936 Hudson car sale magazines for sale. If you look at the pictures of the pages all the cars had wheels painted in the car main colour. maybe people in the USA painted them yellow or red as a common way of not standing out in the crowd - thinking of the cars from the 60''s to present just being black or silver. Personally I like the wheel to match the car duco cheers Ken