Essex Super 6 ''year of birth''

My company has an Essex Super 6 Coupe in very good condition but I do need a new Carburettor, Petrol Pump, Distributer and leads/plugs plus a new glass for one headlight. Problem is that the car may well have been played with over the years The Engine Block has 62516 CWG6 stamped as well as R198 with a 5 slightly above and to the right of the 8. The car is a distance away from where my office is but am visiting Sunday. Any ideas where the year plate can be found, if there is one? Or do the engine numbers tell a tale? I seek help and supplier of parts. Many thanks 

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    A picture is worth a thousand words!  the car number should be on a plate attached to the bulkhead.  If you have this would able to identify.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    In the 1920's the Essex serial number was stamped on the right rear spring bracket, in full view as you stood behind the car.  Or, as Geoff said, it would be stamped into the metal builder's plate on the bulkhead (or "firewall" as we Yanks call it!).

A photograph would also help us to identify the year.  (If you have trouble publishing it here, see "FORUM -- Instructions & Tips", listed on the menu at left.)
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Go to the website listed in my signature block, select engines from left side menus. On the Engines page select Hudson Engine ID codes.  I would guess your engine is from a 26-27 Essex.  Cheers Ken