Wanted 48-53 Hudson

I'm looking to be a new owner, but have been a fan since I was about 10; seeing my first back in the 70's. Anyone know of cars for sale in the Southeastern US? I'm near Birmingham AL. I do not want a rusty project, but a show car is not in my budget. Complete roller is fine, running is better. 2 door all the better but all leads appreciated ($5-8K?). PM me if you know of a car and thank you. Brad in Alabama.

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Lance Walker had a '54 Hollywood Red and White for sale back last year.  I don't know if he still has it, had AC I think too.  

https://www.hetclub.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=12&id=3494&Itemid=1367
  • No Dan it sold in late July  .
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    edited November 2017
    There's always a selection in the WTN each month.  If you haven't joined the HET club, that would be a good place to start.  Here you could get in touch with Wildrick or Kennedy (both in Indiana) who may have something to suit you.  Seems possible that you could get a running, driving sedan in that price range if you accept the flaws that will accompany it.  
  • ALBrad
    ALBrad Member
    edited November 2017
    Thank you all. Thanks Steve. I plan on doing that and looking into the Dixie Chapter too as Atlanta is only a couple hours from here. I can fix just about anything mechanical... rust is my go-no go gauge. Brad
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited November 2017
    I second the motion to join the H-E-T, and the Dixie Chapter as well.  Often, you will hear by word of mouth, among locals, of Hudsons that may be for sale long before they're advertised.  Someone's planning on "thinning his herd", or a widow is known to be contemplating selling her late husband's collection.  And the beauty is -- as long as the cars are known by the local members -- that you will get an unbiased opinion of whether they're worth buying.  In general, I think that $10-12 thousand is usually the going price for a very decent car that looks good enough to take to a car show (but will have a few scratches, paint worn in spots, a dent or two, and some wear in the upholstery).  But you might be able to swing it for $8 grand if you shop carefully!
  • Yes, good advise. Thanks Jon.