Interesting 1935 Terraplane

pseftoncomcastnet
pseftoncomcastnet Senior Contributor
Has anyone looked at this 1935 Terraplane? It's been on Craigslist for a couple of weeks in Marcus Hook, PA, which is right off I=95 between Wilmington and Philadelphia. It's advertised as a running car that's been garaged since 1959, but is said to be only in "Fair" condition. If that's accurate, the price tag seems a bit steep.

Peter Sefton 

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/1935-hudson-terraplane/6348067369.html

Comments

• A bit steep is the under statement of the year!
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor

The price guides list it at around $2,500.  Running they bump up to $5,000.  If the car has been in a garage since 59 the term "running when put away" is more correct.  It seems to have had a rough life for the 24 years it was on the road.  But, it does look complete and with a lot of patina,

• 35 Terraplane
    35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
    The head lights look different than my 35 Special. Did the other models come with what appears to be parking lights on top of the head lift buckets. Also look like they may have been converted to sealed beams.
  • pseftoncomcastnet
    pseftoncomcastnet Senior Contributor
    Appreciate the thoughts. I, too, thought the price high, but perhaps not by a multiple of 4. Being in a garage is not a guarantee of much - I recently saw a 1948 Chrysler that was sound in the lower panels but had a hole rusted squarely in the middle of the roof from 50 years in a leaky tin shed. Here in the east everything rusts - I should remind myself that that's why I bought a stepdown from Wyoming!  Points well taken!

Peter S.
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    it looks solid.  
  • Val
    Val Member
    It does look solid
  • The price is because most non car people think every old car is a gold mine. It has gotten worse since all these auction shows have come out. When he doesn't get any bites the price will drop most likely