Heater control valve

Hello to everybody, does anybody know how the heater control valve works? I mean, what function has the capillary tube? And where does it belong (to the heater core)? On my 52´Hornet it´s just under the dash like a crooked cable. On my buick e.g. it´s wound around the heater valve.
Thanks, Marco

Comments

• Marco, I rebuild those if interested.
  • Hi Ken,
    thanks for the info page...but i´m still not sure where to put the capillary tube. Has the capillary tube to go in the heater box (have i to open the box to see the clip?) or has it to go on the outside along the box? Thanks again and sorry .I´ve attached a picture of the my control valve and the heater box. And by the way, Ken. My newly rebuild engine is in the car now and looks faboulus!!! Hope to fire it up in the next weeks. Next summer i will pick you up in Wasenweiler with my faboulus Hudson Hornet!
    Marco

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Clip is on bottom of the heater box next to to the hole where the tube is inserted
  • cvs
    cvs Senior Contributor
    Mine was clipped to the heater core. Between it and the fan. ??
  • ..just a little confusing to me...on my heater box (see picture) is no clip next to the hole where the tube is inserted. Anyone a picture? And by the way: what are the correct style for the 3 screws that hold the fan motor to the bottom of the box. I´m pretty sure mine are not correct.
     Thanks, Marco
  • O.K. guys...just found a picture of a heater box (ebay). There are the two clips on the bottom. I assume these are the clips for the capillary tube. Am i right? They are screwed to the box. Mine are missing then.