Just signed up

Hi Hudson folks

My grandpa sold these vehicles when they were new in the 1930's...my dad inherited his (my grandpa's) 1937 Terraplane coupe truck in 1969 and he had it until 1992 when it burned in a garage fire. Dad then picked up a 1947 Hudson truck in the mid 1990's...he took it apart and then he passed away in 2001. I recently found out the where abouts of his 1947 truck.   Always loved hearing the stories my dad told of his days in the Hudsons back in the 1940's and 1950's.

Been tinkering with 4 wheeled stuff since I was kid...never really good at it but it keeps me busy at night...

I am from the upstate New York neck of the woods...

Thanks for letting me hang around.

MikeC

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome to the Open Forum, Mike!  I see you have already posted on the forum at the Club's website (we sponsor this one too; it's more accessible to the public than the other one).

As I mentioned, the Hudson-Mohawk Chapter is still going great guns, and I recommend you get in touch with them, in order to get active with Hudsons on a "local level".  Larry Cramer is the newsletter editor, he lives north of Amsterdam.  If you had any information (photos, advertising doo-dads, signs, recollections) from the old dealership, I'll bet he'd be interested to talk to you.  Hudson enthusiasts love to read about old dealerships in their area.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Welcome Mike, glad to have you. You find folks here most helpful in most anything you may need Hudson related or otherwise..