Defroster ducting for my 39

ValVal Member
in HUDSON Posts: 457
I am looking for some ducting for the defroster in my 39. It comes off the heater up to a pipe behind the radio. Checked Auto zone but they have nothing I could use. Any ideas?

Comments

• onerare39onerare39 Expert Adviser, Moderator
    edited October 10 Posts: 926
    Val,

Doug has it.  Go to his website, click on the COWL button, it's the last item.  You should know by now... call the Dr. first.

John Forkner

• HudsonrulesHudsonrules Senior Contributor
    If the inside diameter is one and a half inchens inside diameter, try some 40's or 50's chevy. That fit my '49 Hudson. Napa  no longer carried it. N=no A=auto=P=parts=A=available. Or it may be their underpaid clerks who never learned to use a parts book.
  • ValVal Member
    Oh silly me, Yeah I didn't see that on the good doctors site
  • jasejase Member
    While I definitely support Dr Doug, the defroster hose is a Gates part and still quite available thru rock auto or Amazon....at half the price. I will get you the part number tomorrow if you'd like...
  • ValVal Member
    Please do Thank you
  • JasonNCJasonNC Expert Adviser
    I'd like the number also.  I tried to find heater duct hose for a 1949 Hudson on RockAuto's website and had no luck.  
  • SuperDaveSuperDave Senior Contributor
    Got mine recently from Rock Auto 1-3/4" diameter. fit the heater from a stepdown that is on my shelf. 6 foot piece. Gates  23828  $22.53 included shipping.

Live in the past.... it's cheaper.

49 Super six Brougham

49 Commodore Eight Convertible

Melbourne, Florida

• ValVal Member
    Mines seems to be about 1 1/2" inside diameter. So I will check and see what I can find
  • SuperDaveSuperDave Senior Contributor
    they have 1-1/2" also. PN 23824

Live in the past.... it's cheaper.

49 Super six Brougham

49 Commodore Eight Convertible

Melbourne, Florida

• ValVal Member
    Thanks SuperDave 
  • JasonNCJasonNC Expert Adviser
    I ordered the duct hose from RockAuto for the 1 3/4 diameter heater tube.  Looks like it's going to work fine.  The problem is that I received six tubes and I only needed one.  I thought the six I was seeing was the length of the tube and didn't pay attention to the quantity being shipped.  I plan to keep an extra for a spare, but I have four of these things that I don't need.  I tried to return the ones I don't need to RockAuto online, but it appears that I have to send the entire package back intact.  I'm going to call and try to talk to a human to see if I can return a partial order.  If not, if anyone is interested, let me know.