Center steering arm repair kit for 1952 Hudson Hornet

Could someone help me to find a center steering arm repair kit for 1952 Hudson Hornet?

Comments

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Courtesy Man wrote:
    If the pin is OK, I sell a center point bushing to replace the Torrington needle bearings. With new lock nut the cost is $30 plus $5 shipping. If you have questions you can email me at : HET gtkristi@copper.net or ask here how it worked for them. Gert Kristiansen, Deseret Chapter.

https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/155466/acceptable-center-steering-play

• Kdancy,
    Thank you for good information.
    I havn't disassembled the center steering yet. I have to do that first I can see if the pin is worn before I shall contact Gert Kristiansen.
    How much is correct diameter for the pin?

• Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    Hi, thanks for the interest in the bushing kit for the step-down Hudsons. My e-mail has changed to: HETgtkristi@comcast.net. Inflation has pushed the price up to $35 + shipping ( $6 in USA ). Let me go out in the shop and measure the pin ( I think it is 1.000 on the micrometer - will verify)  Gert Kristiansen PS I also make the distributor - oil pump alignment tool.
  • Courtesy Man
    Yes the pin is at 1.000 more serious than a  few thou undersize is if the pin is rusty where it would chew up the bearing/bushing. If the pin is bad look for a used replacement or buy the new pin from Randy and Russ Maas at 21st Century Hudson - you would then need to have a machinist align the pin and machine a taper-pin attachment to the housing. On my e-mail remove the "HET".  Mange tak (I am Danish).Gert Kristiansen. PS the alignment tool is only for the "Big six" Hudson.

• Our kit contains a new pin, washer, bushing, nut, #5 replacement tapered pin for $85 plus shipping.  Randy Maas maasfh@centurylink.net   Ph 309-267-6158
  • Gert,
    tack så mycket.
    I'm ready to order when you will tell the postage fees. I sent my shipping address by email.
  • Randy,
    thanks. I have sent an email earlier today to you.
    Jaakko Kuru
  • Courtesy Man
    Tried your regular email listed here - but came back.  Last time I tried PM here I made some " terrible " mistake so if you can email me as above I have shipping cost - let me just give you that :Priority mail 6-10 day at $33.95 or 1st class varied delivery $13.50 to Finland - I take PayPal or other. Gert
  • Thaks Gert,
    I'm not so busy 1st class is OK for me. I shall pay $35+13.50= 48.50 immediately by PayPal.
    Thank you very much
  • Courtesy Man
    Thank you I have received payment. Gert