Need info

Hello all. I have a 51 Pacemaker that's been in the family since it was brand new.  Financial situation may dictate selling it.  She's rough but complete. The motor ran but hasn't in many years. The interior is shot. The body is decent with some surface rust. It will need repainted. What is the market doing?  Is it up or down?  I can post pictures this weekend. 

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Not sure on the market, but if you are not in a rush to sell it I would suggest you advertise it in the White Triangle News (among other places) so that all the members of the Hudson club will see it.  You can do this at no cost but working with a current member.  The next ad deadline is October 1.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Mickey, With a photo I can give you a ballpark.  The overall Hudson market has not changed much in the past few years.  Some models of the Hornets and eights (Convertibles, Coupes, Hollywoods and broughams) run about fifteen percent above what they were five years ago.  Engine, Rust, ect., greatly move the price up and down in todays market.  Will wait to see some photos before I give you a figure.
  • put it up on HAMB.
    With luck someone will save it from restoration(what its a total candidate for).
    That front fender and other dings dont look to bad.

I dont know the yank market but just looking at that I would guess 6k. needing full interior, engine/drive train, panel & paint. but ya as I said not sure of the US market.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Not worthy of a restoration in my opinion. It's a brougham , the only thing going for it.

Not many parts are good , doesn't run. A candidate for a street rod or custom.

Local Craigs list or the HAMB , my guess 1K , if it has overdrive maybe 1200
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Mickey, The current price guide lists this as, rust free, at $2,000 car.  With this car, rust is the key indicator of price, the more rust the lower the value.  As lost mind says it has some good points, but it is better to start with one in much better condition.  To make this one a daily driver will run about $20,000.  It would not be worth that much finished so it becomes a labor of love.  Good luck.