WTB 36 Terraplane Radio bezal

Looking for the radio control head dash trim plate for my 36 Terraplane.

Comments

• Theres a control head on eBay at present for $45 - no white knobs and the display has a bit of rust at the centre of the dial - I'd buy it and clean it up till a better one appears on eBay - then sell it - a good one appears about every 4 months - I got a really beautiful one compete with the radio for $85 last year - just check eBay every day for 10 minutes - cheers Ken 
  • Oh if you're after the chrome oval dress plate used for the clock as well as the radio - I've only seen 1 in the last 5 years - buy a lotto ticket - better odds 
  • Found a radio with a near perfect control head including knobs! The radio needs rebuilt but going to mount control head just to make dash look better for now.  Paid $84 including cables. Ther are deals out there if you look hard enough!
  • That's great Dan. By the way, in the 1936 Hudson dealer bulletin it recommends consideration to both upgrading the gen cut off to a generator regulator, and install a noise suppressing devise on the coil. Checkout the website www.hudsonterraplane.com and have a read of the technical notes for 1936 cheers Ken 
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    I have a complete radio for a 36 that I wish to swap for a 37 if there are any takers. 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Trevor, for what it's worth: the 1936 radio receiver "CB-6" can be used in the 1937 H or T, with only the transplanting of the dial gears.  I acquired a CB-6 years ago and simply transplanted the gear from a "junk" 1937 "DB-37" that I'd acquired for parts.  The speakers may be interchangeable too, I'm not sure.  The control heads, of course, are different.
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Hi Jon.

Yes I realize that but I would be prepared to swap a complete radio even for just a good Radio head for the 37.  I have been looking for one for years.

Regards

Trevor