Can't open hood on 51 Hornet

The hood on my Hornet won't open .  The release cable is still intact but won't release the catch.  Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated. 

J Haugo

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Does the hood release knob pull out at all, or does it now move?   (Or, does it pull out with no resistance at all, and keep coming out -- indicating that the cable is no longer attached to the latch?)
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited September 2017
    Go thru the grill and grab the cable(sheath) and pull on it. Will probably work. Then connect a clothes hanger safety pull. I always go in thru the grill since I want to be right there anyway; saves opening the car door !! Just have to loosen the sheath clamp very slightly. The hillbilly method~~~
    But of course if it is disconnected from the latch you can maybe use a very long screwdriver thru the grill to tap on the screwdriver when blade is on the latch; not that up on '51s but works on a '53.
  • Thank you guys for responding to my need.  Rob Fayette and I got the hood open and fixed the problem.  Richard's suggestions helped get us on the right track.

J Haugo

• bradleybarnes
    bradleybarnes Member
    edited September 2017
    That's really great! Now you can ride to play tennis or american football with pleasure, haha.... :D