Jet Rear Brake Shoes

JFromm
JFromm Senior Contributor
Does anyone have an interchange for rear brake shoes?  
Thanks,
John

Comments

• 29sptphaeton
    29sptphaeton Member
    edited September 2017
    Then and Now Automotive in Weymouth,MA will reline them for you, if they don't have a set in stock.  They have a web site John, but if you call and ask for Lisa it's faster. Ed
  • JFromm
    Thank you Ed. 
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    John,

Do a search on this forum  (type in Jet Brake Shoes), I'm sure it has been discussed before.  There used to be a Jet-Set website that had all kinds of Jet information on it.

John Forkner

• LHudson
    LHudson Expert Adviser
    Jet shoes are the same, front and rear. New ones are available. Rock auto list them and they show up on the bay from time to time. If memory serves me correct, it is a #51 shoe.  Hope this helps.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Centric 11100510
  • Brake shoes from rockauto do not fit...i have bought these then had alot of trouble returning them cause they don't know what they are talking about
  • I may have some nos brake shoes ... send me a email or number I can send you pics of them 
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    LHudson  -  Rock Auto's brake shoes for the Jet are the reaar numbers for the step-down.  I wrote and advised them there cataloging was incorrect, but I note they have not changed their listing.
  • LHudson
    LHudson Expert Adviser
    Thanks Jerry. I will have to take that out of my notes. I have not used any from Rock auto. I had mine relined from a local brake service. 
  • JFromm
    Thanks for the replies. Believe it or not, I was able to get them locally from Rochester Brake and Clutch. They also have clutch parts for the Jet. Amazing that they were in my own back yard.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser

John... Your experience matches mine when it comes to local brake and clutch service.  There is a company in my home town that will repair your drums, reline and arc those shoes to the repaired drum in accordance with Hudson Specs.  Cost is reasonable and with that said... glad you have finalized the search for parts.