Bob Rosol

Hey ya

Been looking at upholstery options.

See a chap named  Bob Rosol pop up a lot.

Anyone have images of his work?
Also after an email address. Seen his phone number a few times but being on the other side of the world its just easier to email.

Have seen his name pop up for seat covers, headliners and carpet. How about door panels and all the other bits?

Also Kanter. Anyone used them?
Got pics?
Has anyone used the seat kits?

Any feed back would be great thanx.

Alex

Comments

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Kanter seats and headliner after 13 years.  The back armrest was good original so I kept it.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I've known Bob Rosol for over 40 years, can recommend him.  He's in New Jersey. If I can find an e-mail address I'll PM you with it.  Meanwhile, Kanter is a reputable firm, but I don't know how well their upholstery kits fit.  Bob is a "Hudson guy"; Kanter deals with all makes (specializing in Packard).  With any luck, other folks like Uncle Josh will contribute their comments on which company is better.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I doubt very seriously that Bob has an email address.  He's in his seventies and is semi-retired.  I purchased a carpet set from him and was much more pleased with his carpet set as compared to one I purchased from Kanter years earlier.  He's not cheap, but compared to SMS....
  • hey thanks for getting back so fast fellas.

great stuff. sure do hope Bob has an email. I have only seen good things about his workmanship.

Anyone used http://www.lebaronbonney.com the kits they have seem to be the same looking as Kanter.

Alex

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Just talked to Bob.  He doesn't make a kit for StepDowns (prefers to have the car right there, to upholster).  So you might try the other places.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    So Jon, how long did it take you to get off the phone with Bob?  I couldn't get him to shut up.  LOL
  • oh woo thats great of you to go out of your way and giving him a call.

Cheers.

Guess it will be Kanter or Lebaron bonney for me then if the prices works compared to a auto upholster here in NZ.

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Jason, when the two of us get on the phone it can go on for hours, we both like to talk! Bob was part of the group that got together in 1974 or 75 and organized the Garden State Chapter of the Hudson club, so we're among the "survivors" of the New Jersey old guard!