'28 Essex window setting channel

Thank you everyone for searching the "elusive" window setting channel. No one has found one, so I'm going to attempt to fabricate one with metal of the same thickness, or perhaps a solid piece of the thickness I need.  It'll be a challenge I'm sure.

I only have one " example  B "  and I need another, to attach the left window regulator .  

When I purchased the Essex , the left front window was broken and gone.  An " example A ",  was attached to the window regulator and I didn't know it was the wrong part. The photos below, show 3 right side pieces and one left. When I tried reassembling the regulators to the channel is when I first noticed something was  not correct.

Thanks again,  Sach.

Comments

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Can you find an old rusty door with the window seating part intact??
    If you can't find one then I probably have a spare here in New Zealand but mail costs will likely be high!!
    Dave Y (28 Essex Coupe)
  • sach
    sach Member

ESSEX28-1 ,  Thanks for your reply.  I know shipping is high from N.Z., as I have already had a part shipped from there, by Geoff Clark.  If you can give me an idea of the shipping plus the part costs, I'll consider it.  If it's really high, it may not be worth it. Be sure it is for the left front door and looks like example "B" in the photo. Thanks very much,  Sach.

• After searching world wide for a window setting channel for my '28 Super Six and not finding one, I resorted to fabricating one and it turned out great. It actually works a lot smoother than the originals on the other windows .
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Sach, you could try Model A Ford supply houses. They may have something close.