50' Commodore fender skirts

Hey everyone im new to the page, i picked up a 50' Commodore coupe a little while back and cant wait to start on the project. Right now the fiance wants me to get it going for our wedding next year. I'm sure ill be back for info on many things

Comments

• By the way im looking for any info on how the skirts mount, still trying to find my way around the page thanks.
  • Welcome.  Please post some pictures if you are able.

Do you have the skirts, or do you need a pair?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I think he's just saying that he needs to know how to get them on and off.  I'm a pre-StepDown owner, so can't help.  Surely most of our viewers know how to do this!

Mcdugger, whereabouts do you live?  It may be that some of our forum members live nearby, maybe even someone with a '50 Commodore, and you could get out and meet them.  Also, there may be a chapter of the Hudson club located near you, and you could get over to one of their events and meet some more people.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    The skirts have a stiff wire with a loop on both ends.  Shove the skirt up as far as it will go and the wires hook over a channel on the body behind the rocker panel.
  • Thanks guys, yes i have the skirts and im in southeastern wisconsin. I figured about the loops but is there supposed to be a clip on the inside of the quarter panel where the top of the skirt would go
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    It clips  into a recess  at the top.