My 39 Six

Val
Val Member
I go to her tomorrow :) I pick her up at Dr Doug's and drive her the 5 hours ride home. Will be so nice to have her back. I will post pics  

Comments

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Great news Val; look forward to seeing the pictures! Enjoy the trip home
  • Val
    Val Member
    :) She made the drive home very nicely and many people along the way admired her. After all she is a Hudson SHe
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Fantastic; great pictures :)
  • Val
    Val Member
    Thanks Paul
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    That must be a pure joy to drive.
  • Val
    Val Member
    It most assuredly is. I got many a thumbs up smiles and waves along the way home. Wildricks did a fantastic job on her.
  • Val
    Val Member
    I just took her out on the road for a bit. She shifts really well and runs great. As said by onerare39  it is a pure joy to drive. I thank Doug Wildrick and the gang for making it possible.
  • Val, what did you have done to it at Doug's place?
  • Val
    Val Member
    I had interior done, valve job, gas tank repaired right front fender repaired and painted some brake work done and steering wheel restored. They are a great bunch of guys and gals.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Great looking car, Val.  Lots of fun ahead!
  • Val
    Val Member
    Thanks Park W I look forward to many fun miles with her. And thanks to all for the kind words about her. She isn't perfect but she is a Hudson!
  • Val
    Val Member
    I took to her first show today. I had the only Hudson on the lot. Many lookers and lots of questions asked. It was fun and something I look forward again  
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    edited August 2017
    Congratulations Vic.

Nothing better than being able to "show off" your car at a show. When I had my 112 it always attracted an interest because a) a lot of people were not aware of the brand and b) there was always someone (and don't forget I'm in the UK) whose father , uncle , Grandfather etc. had had one :)
  • Val
    Val Member
    Thanks Paul and yeah I can bet your 112 was a looker also.  Funny you say that as my grandfather had a few Hudson's that's why I bout mine. He had a 39, a 49 and a 56.