Back up light locatioin

JasonNC
JasonNC Expert Adviser
Attached is a photo of a backup light that I purchased for the Super Six coupe.  I am thinking about putting it on the top of the bumper as opposed to the body through a hole in the trunk.  I'm interested if anyone else has added a similar backup light to a Stepdown that didn't come with one originally.   image

Comments

• What a beautiful accessory.  :)
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Apparently I'm the only person in HET world who wanted one, huh Lance. 
  • Jason only some people have class.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    You don't mention the year. If it's pre step down , that mounts on the splash panel behind bumper , not on the body.

I've never seen that style on a stepdown body , they use the type mounted to body with a filler pad
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    It's a 49.  The person that sold it to me said that I could mount it on top of  the bumper or to the body where most Stepdowns have the type you mentioned.
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited August 2017
    Most backup lights on a stepdown are worthless unless you have one that is H1 55 watt or one converted to that??? 
    Hard enough to see even then--lol
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    edited August 2017
    RichardD said:
    Most backup lights on a stepdown are worthless unless you have one that is H1 55 watt or one converted to that??? 
    Hard enough to see even then--lol
    Well, I guess I should just throw all mine away.  
    Nice accessory, Jason.  Never seen one quite like that, but I think it would look great.  
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Russ, did Lance pay you to say that? LOL.  
  • See Jason some folks have class like I said.  LOL
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited August 2017

Jason, I bet Lance could put an H1 base in it {if deep enough & has glass lens}. You did see his LED speedometer and clock lamp conversion, didn't you ?-awesome.
    Anyway, H1 is the way to go; 12v or 6 v~~~{My 2 cents}

My Hornet backing out of garage>>

• JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Finally.  Thanks Doc.  I thought I was going to have to trade mine in on another project.  
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    One question, did you attach it to the bumper or to the body of the car?  I can't tell from your picture.  
  • ok,guys, I am overruled: I used the wrong word. Some light is better than none at all !
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    What year is your car?  It has the Super taillights, but that has to be a more modern dash than a 48 or 49.  Where did you get the switches for these lights?  Are they rotation or pull out?  
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Based on the dashboard, it appears to be a 50 Pacemaker.