Hudson Jet Owners

Val
Val Member
My son in law is wanting to purchase a jet. I was wondering what are some of the common issues he should be aware of?

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Depends a lot on the total mileage of the car he is buying.   Things like suspension parts and engine bearings can be hard to find.  Wonderful cars though.  I have had mine for 46 years.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Thanks Goeff I don't know much about the car myself other than what I was told by the lead we were given. It needs interior restored supposedly has great running motor and transmission. New radiator and fuel tank, the steering box and steering assembly have been replaced and brakes and shocks are supposedly new. It's a 53 super jet. Gonna try and see it this weekend. I also get my 39 back from Wildrick's this coming Saturday. Excited to drive her home.    
  • Aren't brake drums difficult to find for Jets? Or was it some other wheel part?  
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Let's face it, with such a low production number, any parts for a Jet are not plentiful. But that's part of their appeal, their rarity. I'm not aware that brake drums are a high turnover item!  
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Check the Jet Set...an organization
    dedicated to Jet owners 
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    edited August 2017

Here's a lead:  1954 Hudson Jetliner 2 door green and cream from the legend- ary Herbert Bell estate. One of the three Hudsons that Herbert bought from the factory when Kenosha Cars were introduced. This was his daily driver for the 63,000 miles it has and then com pletely renovated and stored away. Its records show less than a thousand miles on the engine. Not a sign of rust and im- maculate underneath.

4 speed Automatic, Twin H, under-dash AM/FM with CD player powered by 12 Volt converter, original straw trunk liner perfect as is all of the vinyl interior. I think it is a high # 2.

Asking $18,500.

Contact Preston Stevens, Atlanta. Email: hudsonewss@aol.com,

Phone: (404) 351-5110; (828) 526-9815; (770) 316-4360.

• Val
    Val Member
    Thanks for the info Park_W but I don't think he has that kind of cash to spend but sounds like a very nice car
  • Val
    Val Member
    Thanks for the info Park_W but I don't think he has that kind of cash to spend but sounds like a very nice car
  • Val
    Val Member
    He is going Sunday to check out a 53 superjet