35 serial number 532641 ????

35 Terraplane
35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
Can anyone tell me if this is a serial number from a 35 Hudson OR Terraplane.
Guy has the back half of a frame with number stamped near the rear wheel arch.
He has the axle, springs and other suspension parts.
I'm trying to figure out if any of the equipment he has would fit my 35 Terraplane Special G.
Tom

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited July 2017
    A "53" indicates the 1935 Hudson Six.  I'm no expert but would guess that the Hudson and Terraplane axles are interchangeable.  Possibly the brake drum is larger on the Hudson; again, just a guess. (Probably would be a "plus" if it was, since you'd stop better).
  • 35 Terraplane
    Thanks Jon.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Can you give more details re the position of the serial number please? I've scoured the chassis on my 35 H8 but have been unable to see any numbers.
    Back axle is exactly the same on a 35 H8 and a 35 T Special G, you may get some extra brackets for a rear sway bar if the dead car was originally fitted with axle-flex.
  • 35 Terraplane
    Thanks Bob,
    I haven't seen the parts but am planning to visit the guy this Wednesday.
    The Master Chassis book, page 35, lists the drive shaft (axle) itself as the same part number for the 34 & 35 T & 35 H.
    If I'm reading the book correctly, page 85, the part number for the rear hub & brake drum is listed as 34 H LT-LTS, 34 T Comm except, 35 Commercial except UCo to car no 5128235 as 45224. Am I correct in assuming 35 Commercial would include the T?  When I checked the Interchangeability Record under 45224 is says use 47433.   The Master Book lists 47433 as fitting 35 H & 35 T Comm except UCo afet 5128235. My SN is 5116677 so I'm thinking the axle shafts, rear hub & brake drum & other brakes parts should be interchangeable as you said.
    There is another listed for 35 T after 5128235 as 47431. My serial number is 5116677 so this number shouldn't apply to my car.
    I see that Plate #2 on page 13 shows the front axle, both axle-flex & solid as the same for both 35 H & T.
    I'm just nervous. Just want to be as sure as I can.  I don't want to buy parts that I can't use if needed.