Paint color codes for 1925 Hudson Limousine

I'm restoring a 1925 Hudson Limousine and need to no what the original colors were and what type of paint to use on the aluminum body. It looks like the original color was a blue. The car has not been driven since 1928 and has set in an old barn. Most of the paint has come off the body. I appreciate any information that anyone has because I have not found much on this particular model.

Comments

• hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Frankiero,
    When I restored my 17 limo I found a sales article that said these large sedans were painted a dark green, dark blue, dark maroon, or all black. There was no paint left on the car, so I choose the blue body with black fenders and black above the belt line. If you have a big enough piece of paint chip off the car you can take it to any good automotive paint store and have it reproduced. I used base coat clear coat. Be sure to coat the aluminum body with correct etching base. It's needed to hold the final paint on the car.
    Hope this helps. Post some pics, we love pics.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I doubt that you would have any reference to original colours, as these were Biddle & Smart bodies, and would  have been enamel paint, as were all Hudsons up until 1929, when  the first fast-dry nitro-cellulose lacquers were used.