Weight of a Hudson 212 cu in Flathead Engine?

46HudsonPU
46HudsonPU Administrator
What is the weight of a Hudson 212 cu in flathead Engine? 
With or without carb, intake and exhaust manifolds, starter, generator, clutch, transmission etc..  

However please indicate what is included in your weight of the engine.

Any and all help in this is appreciated...

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    So - Anyone have an accurate weight on a Hudson 212 engine?
  • terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    If anyone knows the weight of an eight, you can then work out the weight of the six by the weight difference between two identical models of the Hudson Eight and Hudson Six for that year as per Butler's book.
  • terraplane8
    I've looked at Butler's book and compared cars with the different engines, ie identical cars in terms of wheelbase and specs. The eight engine appears to weigh around 150lbs more than the 212 six.
  • terraplane8
    And around 30lbs more than the 308 if you compare the post-war models that use either the eight or the six.
  • terraplane8
    http://www.hudsonrestoration1948-54.com/Engine.htm has a period advert for surplus stock 308 engines at a shipping weight of 665lbs complete with accessories, carbs, manifolds, flywheel, clutch housing less clutch. Doing the maths suggests the 212 would have a shipping weight of 545lbs less clutch. I don't know whether that would include the weight of a pallet or crate though.
  • I just had a complete wide block 262, iron head, with bellhousing, clutch, and non-OD 3speed transmission shipped on a pallet.  It was labeled at 525lbs by the shipping company, wood pallet included.