Thin H Power decal

duncan
duncan Expert Adviser
I was told by my friend that told me about the ss trim on the scoop that he said originally the decals were just letters on twin h air cleaners with no circle around the outside.Any original pictures of the air cleaners that someone could draw the letters on paper and send them to me.  Hudsonly  Ray

Comments

• I assume he was talking about something like this:

Image result for twin h power engine

• Ray, I don't know the history of the air filter graphics, but I would suspect that by '54, they would have used the common one we see with the circle.  I recently bought decals from Wildricks, and couldn't be happier.
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    The way I under stood that was the correct decal for 54 Hudsons. Do you have this decal to trace on paper to send me. This is exactly what I am looking for. Ray
  • Sorry Ray, that was just a picture I pulled off the internet.  Paul Schuster makes a lot of decals, he may have something like that, but I am unaware of any for sale.

Personally, I'm not too hung up on the graphics, because the way I figure it is like this;  Most of these Twin H systems were dealer installed kits.  Even if there WAS a difference in kits for 1954, the dealer could very well have installed an old 1953 kit that he had laying around.  Or vice versa - a guy could have had a 1953 Hornet that he was driving around for a year, then decides that he'd like a bit more power.  So he takes it to the dealer, and they install a new 1954/55 kit, etc.  This is what I will kindly tell anyone who tries to tell me that my air cleaners are "wrong." :)
  • Here's another pic I found online.
    Image result for twin h power engine
  • Here's a thought!  You could purchase the decals from Wildricks, and simply trim off the circle before you stick it on the car. It appears to be the same font to my eyes...
  • PeterD
    PeterD Member
    edited June 2017
    I see the Stickers available in the Hudson club store  - $5 each