found in field

my work associate brought me a photo of what appears to be a 1934 essexs Hudson that was in a barn fire years ago that was drugg uot and left he inquired with the farmer who he rents the farmhouse from . he was told they new the car was extremely rare supposibly 1 of 3 can anyone help me with imformation or where to look for a vin or id plate thank you            joelyost@comcast.net

Comments

• Check for a plate on the firewall - or on the front door frame surround - engine id is stamped on the side of the block and also a number is stamped on the axel - however it's not new so over time plates are lost and parts replaced - you need to investigate and build up a picture - why do you think the car is rare? Did the queen of England own it or does it have something special or different from other 34 Essex? Cheers Ken 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Publishing the photo here on the forum, would be a great help.  In some of the later 1930's Hudsons the serial number was stamped on the frame, on the passenger side in the vicinity of the front axle -- either on the top or side of the frame rail, I don't recall which.  Also, it was stamped on the axle housing, toward the passenger side (right side when facing front), toward the top of the housing.  You'd have to wire brush the loose rust away to see it.

However, I fear that if the car has been sitting outside all this time, it may be beyond saving, and its rarity would be beside the point.
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    They made a Essex in 1934?
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    They made a Essex in 1934?

1932 last  Essex