1929 Essex sale price help

I am trying to help my father-in-law sell his 1929 Essex, but I'm not sure what he should ask for it. Can someone please take a look at the craigslist ad and give me some advice. He doesn't want to rip anyone off or ask for the moon, but I don't want him to get taken advantage of either. Here is a link to the ad. Thank You
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6141714198.html 

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited June 2017
    In case you don't get any offers that interest you, you might want to consider placing an ad in the White Triangle News, the national magazine of the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club.  This of course goes to an exclusively "Hudson-Essex" oriented audience, so might get you a better offer.  There is no charge so long as you work through a current Club member.  The ad deadline passed on June 1, but if you still haven't sold the car by the next deadline (August) 1 you might want to consider this option.
  • WE have a 1928 wanted to ask the same question
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Shelley, we would have to have a LOT more information about the condition of the car before we could even hazard a guess.  And even so, there are so few of these '28's changing hands each year, that it is difficult to see any pattern in prices.  When you have 10,000 1998 Toyotas being sold every year, one can always average the selling prices, but when you have 12 Essexes (in varies conditions) being sold...well, that is another story!