Greeting from Karl

karl
karl Member
I'v been an HET member for almost 40 years. I have a1952 Hornet Hollywood for 35ears and most recently a 1937 Terraplane utility coupe that is now Hornet powered with a 2lever trans with a CJ Jeep floor shifter. The forum was most helpfull helping me do this heart transplant.I am currently trying to restore the original head lights. and having a  difficult time removing the lens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Karl

Comments

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    BTW, Kevin (crazyuncleharry) is running a 308 with the same tranny setup this week at TROG, The Race Of Gentlemen, at Wildwood, NJ on the beach.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Karl keep us "gentlemen" who are unable to visit TROG up to date with commentary and pictures
  • Hudsonrules
    Hudsonrules Senior Contributor
    Hi Karl, Removing the headlight lens on your '37 Terraplane is fairly easy. Lossen the screw on the bottom of the headlight, lightly push in the bottom of the lens, take a plastic card and insert at the top between the lens and housing. The lens should be out enough to lift it up and out. Make sure to put pillows  down as these lenses are not easy to come by. Be careful as not to strain the lens as they crack easily. I take of the front bumper on my '37 just in case. I was told that some Dodge and Plymouth lenses of that period will fit. My Parts book shows the lens to be a one year item. I need one and saw one on ebay but it was damaged and to me overpriced with shipping. Good Luck.